Registering for Classes
Posted by SHeD Staff, Last modified by Moodle Admin on 23 June 2021 12:34 PM
Description: Register for classes here at LaneCC
How to Register for Classes in ExpressLane
NOTE: Students who receive a notification that says "Time tickets prevent registration at this time" are not yet allowed to register. If you do not know when to register, view the Registration Calendar.
Your First Steps For Enrolling at Lane Community College
Steps to Enroll - This is your main tool. It lists all the steps to complete before you register for classes.
Enrollment Services - Where to go for assistance with getting enrolled and registered.
Academic Advising - Lots of information and friendly help about getting into each of the programs at LaneCC.
Manage your class schedule in ExpressLane
To register for classes using ExpressLane you can follow the instructions below or you can watch this video tutorial - How to Register in ExpressLane
1. Log into ExpressLane
2. Click on the Enrollment Services tab, then click on Registration and Books, then click on "Add/Drop Classes"
Register for classes to sign up for classes OR to drop classes you signed up for previously
Browse Classes to view offered classes
View Registration Information to see your current and past schedules
Browse Course Catalog to view and search for classes in current and past terms
3. Select the term you want to register for by using the drop-down option below to Select a Term:
4. There are three tabs to choose from:
1. Find Classes: Search for courses based on one or more subjects, a course number (usually three numbers), or a keyword.
2. Enter CRNs: Search for courses based on Course Reference Numbers (always five numbers) to register for courses.
3. Schedule and Options: View your current schedule for the selected term and add lab credits by clicking on the credit number under "Hours" (if applicable).
5. Click the Add button in the far right column of the class you want. (In your Search Results, you may need to scroll down or proceed to the next page to find the class you want.)
The class will appear in a Pending state in striped gray in both the Schedule and Summary panels.
Click the Submit button in the bottom right hand corner to enroll.
Click on this link if you want to register for a closed class.
6. To remove a pending class or drop a registered class, use the drop-down option in the Action column of the Summary panels.
*NOTE: Click here to view refund, drop, and schedule change deadline information.
Click the Submit button in the bottom right hand corner.
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact: