First Time Setup for Quicklaunch
Posted by Rory Beck, Last modified by Skye Nguyen on 30 March 2022 02:15 PM
Description: An article to walk you through the first time account setup for Lane’s quicklaunch platform.
Tags: quicklaunch, quick, launch, single, sign, on, single-sign-on, SSO, mylane, apps, app, first-time
First-Time Setup For Quicklaunch
Lane's Quicklaunch gives Lane Community College students and employees a single sign-on solution, which enables Lane’s users to sign on with one user identification and password, allowing personalized access to multiple applications without re-logging in.
This article covers the first time setup of this service and some frequently asked questions you might have!
Login for the first time
As a first-time user, you will need to enter your L-number and password to begin the setup. If this is your first time at Lane you should have been given a temporary password to which you will be prompted to reset once you have successfully logged in for the first time.
Note: Your first temporary password will only be usable for 24 hours. If the temporary password has expired follow the steps for forgot password or contact Enrollment services directly.
Follow the steps below to complete the first time setup for Lane’s Quicklaunch tool:
1. Access the Quicklaunch site by typing in the web address, http://qlsso.lanecc.edu/, into your web browser (chrome, firefox, microsoft edge, safari, etc.) at the top of the screen, or you can click the link provided.
2. Enter your L number into the username field and password into the password field given.
3. You should be prompted to re-enter the same password to confirm.
4. You will now be prompted and required to set up 4 security questions.
5. Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page. A green message will pop up once it has saved your security questions successfully.
6. Click over to at least one more account recovery option using the tabs at the top of the page (Email Recovery, Phone Recovery, or Authenticator)
7. Complete the setup prompts for the second recovery option you chose to continue and click “Submit” to complete each recovery option to complete it.
8. Click “Go to My Apps” now showing in dark blue at the bottom right of the screen.
A green thin bar will show at the top of the tabs when you have set up those recovery options successfully.
Your quicklaunch setup is now complete and you are ready to go to start using single sign-on to the available apps.
What apps can I use quicklaunch for?
Monday, March 21 starting around 7 am,
Keep in mind you may have more apps than this list. If you do not see one of these apps on your own quicklaunch page you may not need access to the web services or there may be something preventing it from appearing. Contact your helpdesk to find out why.
What do I do if I can’t find the app I need?
If you are not seeing an app you need you might need to complete registration, you might have a hold, or the app may not be available on quicklaunch; see the list in the question above under "What apps can I use quicklaunch for?"
It won’t let me into one of the apps on my screen!
You can still access the apps directly without using Quicklaunch. Just access the web services you are trying to use by accessing the websites directly. You can find these different web links on the current student resource page under the Campus Resource Section!
For employees of the college, you can find direct links on the employee resource page under the Tools and Resources section!
What if I forgot my L number?
What if I forgot my Password?
It’s not letting me log in to Quicklaunch!
If you have been gone for more than 4 terms then you will need to reactivate your account. To enable it to follow this article on reactivating your account. If this is not the case you will want to reset your password by following this article.
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact:
Academic Technology Center