Uploading a Kaltura Video Assignment in Moodle
Posted by ATC Staff 2, Last modified by ATC Staff 2 on 25 July 2019 11:25 AM
Description: Kaltura is an online video platform with built-in compatibility with Moodle. You can submit video assignments on Moodle through Kaltura instead of uploading a file directly.
Submitting Kaltura Video Assignments in Moodle
What Is Kaltura?
Kaltura is an online video platform with built-in compatibility with Moodle. As a result of it being online, it ensures compatibility between your video and whatever platform it’s viewed on. If your instructor allows, you can upload video assignments through Kaltura instead of uploading the files directly to Moodle.
Uploading your File1. Click the link for the video assignment.
2. Click Add Media Submission.
3. Click Add New, then select Media Upload from the dropdown menu.
4. Click Choose a file to upload. Select your desired file and click Open. You will see a loading bar as your video uploads.
5. Enter a Name, Description, and Tags. A name is required.
6. Click Save at the bottom of the window. The page will reload, with a confirmation at the top.
7. Click Back in the top left corner. Your newly uploaded video will be first in the list.
8. Click the arrow on the right side of the Select button for your video. From there, you can choose whether to upload your video as a Large, Medium, or Small file.
9. After Kaltura closes, click Submit Media at the bottom of the assignment’s page. If you do not click this, your submission will not be saved!
Choosing a Different Video Size
If you wish to change the size your video plays at . . .