Description: Teaches students how to upload, organize, and share photos using Google Photo
Tags: google, photo, user, guide, upload, organize, share, pictures,
How to Upload, Organize, and Share Photos with Google Photo
Log in to Google Photos
Use your LCC Google Account only for this course.
- Visit https://photos.google.com
- Choose "Go to Google Photos" from the middle of the page.
- Log in using your @mylane.lanecc.edu account.
- NOTE: It may ask if you want to download the updater to your computer. You can do this if you'd like, but it may then want to sync all photos on your computer to this account. It may be easier not to use the download client or app.
Upload photos to Google Photos
From the Google Photos main page, you can upload photos using the Upload link at the top right-hand corner. For our course, you'll then need to organize your photos into shareable albums.
You'll need to have your photos downloaded from your camera to your computer (or have your media card in the computer so that you can draw from it).
- Open Google Photos (https://photos.google.com)
- Find the photos you want to upload on the computer. You can drag them on to the Google Photos page to add them to Photos.
- You can also choose "Upload" from the top left-hand corner (blue button) and navigate to the folder or photos you want to upload.
Organizing Photos into Albums:
- Open Google Photos.
- Choose "Create" from the top right-hand corner.
- Choose "Album" from the top of the drop-down list.
- Select all of the photos you want to go into the album by clicking on the photos or on the tiny checkboxes that show up at the top.
- Tip: You can add all of the photos added on a certain date by clicking on the name of the date they were added at the top left.
- Click "Create" to create the album.
- Type in a name for the album (ex: Week 1 Bulk)
- Click the tiny checkmark in the top left-hand corner to save the album.
You can add more photos to the album at any time by dragging them into the album on the main Photos page.
Sharing Photo Albums
There are two ways to share albums. You can share in a view-only method that allows those you give the link to see and comment on photos but not to add any. To do this:
- Open the album you want to share.
- Click the share icon at the top right-hand corner.
- Choose "Get link" from the box that opens.
- Copy the link (use CTRL-C on a PC or Command-C on a Mac).
- Past the link into the text box on the Bulk photo assignment on Moodle.
You can also share an album with others and allow them to upload photos as well. To do this, follow steps 1-2 above, but then type in the e-mail address of the person with whom you want to share total album access.
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact:
Academic Technology Center