Description: Downloading Autocad software
Tags: Autocad download, Autocad, software install, media, design,
Autocad Download and installation instructions
Downloading the Software
Before you start the download
- Check with your instructor to find out what version of Autocad you should be downloading
- Disable the antivirus software
- The installation can take up to an hour, so turn off any power settings that will cause your computer to go to sleep or hibernate
- Go to this website: http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all
- Locate and click on the link for Autocad
- You will now be at the Autocad screen
- Find out if the computer you will use will work with Autocad
- Click on the link that says System Requirements
- Click on the link for the Autocad version you want to download.
- Fill in 32 or 64 bit version
- Fill in language
- Click install to download
- Once the download is complete, click open download folder and double-click the downloaded file to start the install process.
- Antivirus software may block the installation
- If the antivirus software has an option to allow the software installer, choose that
- If there’s no option, you will need to disable your antivirus and start the install a second time
- The installation can take up to an hour to complete.
- Check to make sure the computer is not going to sleep or hibernating.
- Be patient
Problems with downlaod
If you still encounter problems, use Virtual Manager
Virtual manager is recommended when you’ve followed the proper procedure for download and the download and/or install doesn’t work.
Instructions for using Virtual Manager
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact:
Student Help Desk