Description: This will help you create a video with your smartphone to upload to Moodle.
Tags: video, how to, how to create a video, how to make a video on phone, phone video, smartphone, upload, smart, phone, to, record
How to Create a Video With Your Smart Phone
How to Set up your Video Recording Space
1. Find a place that is quiet, well lit and comfortable. A clean wall in your home that is white or a solid color would be perfect.
2. Quiet the space even more. Close all windows and doors. Turn off any fans, heaters or other noises in the room.
3. You can have someone shoot the video for you, or you can place your phone in a tripod or propped against books or other objects where it is stable and upright. Make sure to have the camera on the phone set to face, so that you can shoot and watch yourself on the screen at the same time.
How to shoot video with your iPhone or iPad:
1. Launch the Camera app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
2. Swipe from left to right across the bottom to switch from Photo to Video mode. (Or just tap the word Video.)
3. Tap the Record button to start your video.
4. Tap the Stop button to end your video.
How to shoot video with your Android Phone:
1. Slide the key over to "Camera" on your home screen.
2. Select the video camera icon at the bottom right of the new camera screen.
3. Aim at the target you want. Press the red button to begin recording video.
4. Shoot video for as long as you want. The duration of the video will tick off in the upper right. Click the red button again to stop the video.
5. Click on the box in the upper right corner. This will allow you to view your newly shot video.
How to shoot video with your Google Phone:
1. Open your camera.
2. To switch to video mode, tap Video camera.
3. To start recording, tap Record.
4. To put a cut in your video, tap Pause. To start recording again, tap Record.
5. To stop recording, tap Stop.
Tips for Getting the Best Possible Video
Shoot a 5-second test before you begin shooting the video. Check for lighting, sound, and visuals to make sure that you are getting the video you want to get. Remove anything extra or distracting so your viewer can focus on you and your message.
Write down the 3 key points of the video on a Post-it note and place the note above the tiny camera lens on your iPhone. This will help you to remember what you are going to say while also helping you to look in the right place while filming.
How to Edit Your Video
Once you are finished shooting, review the footage for good lighting and sound. If you want to crop the footage before you upload to YouTube, slide your finger slowly along the clip bar at the top of the video screen until a cropping prompt appears.
How to Upload your Video to YouTube
When you feel the video is ready to share, click the share button (rectangle with an arrow on it) and then click the YouTube icon. After logging in, a screen will appear where you can add a title and description. You will need to be logged in to your G Suite account before you are able to upload the video.
Note: You might have to scroll a bit before finding the YouTube icon. If you still don't see it, you will have to send it to your email (by tapping the Mail button) and upload it from your computer. For information on how to do this, click here.
For further help contact:
Student Help Desk