Description: This article shows you how to add an email address to your student email so that all email sent to your student email account will be forwarded to an alternate account.
Tags: gmail, g suite, forwarding, email, student, personal, filtering, private, address
How to Forward Email From Student Email to Personal Email
Note: While it is possible to forward your Lane email to your personal email, we don’t recommend it:
- Delivery of mail to you and from you will be less reliable; subject to spam filtering, delays, and delivery failures.
- It will make your private grade or other information less secure.
- We cannot guarantee delivery or discoverability in the event of a complaint or legal issue.
How to forward email from your LCC student email to an alternate email address.
Adding a forwarding address to your email will automatically send all emails received in your student email address to an alternate email.
1. Go to gmail.com.
2. Log in using your email@example.com (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
3. In the upper right hand corner click the gear and then click Settings.
4. Select the category Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
5. Select Add a forwarding address.
6. Enter the email address you want your mail to be forwarded to.
7. A conformation window will pop up. Click "Proceed".
8. A conformation code will be sent to the forwarding email address. Verify the code by clicking the link in the email or copying and pasting the conformation code in to the box.
9. You can remove the forwarding email address by going to Settings>Forwarding and POP/IMAP and selecting the email address you want removed from the drop-down menu.
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact:
Student Help Desk