Description: Directions on creating a college account for the first time
Tags: ExpressLane, create, moodle, account, log in, login, new student
Creating a College Account
ExpressLane is Lane Community College's student portal. Establishing a college account is easy, and you must have one before you can register for classes.
ExpressLane can be used to:
- Register for classes
- Receive messages from the college
- Pay your bill
- Check your financial aid status
- Update your mailing address, email address, and other contact information
- View and order your official transcripts
- Print your unofficial transcript
- View and make changes to your class schedule
- Search for classes
- Access Moodle
- Set up and participate in campus groups
1. Are you enrolled? You will receive your L number once you get enrolled.
- You can get enrolled at Lane Community College by visiting this page: Steps to Enroll
2. Do you know your L number? You need your L number to access a ExpressLane account.
- NEW STUDENTS: Your “L” number is assigned to you directly from the college once you are accepted (e.g. L00234567). You can get it from the administration office, or you can find it in the email sent to you after you have completed the admissions process.
- NEW EMPLOYEE OR CONTRACTORS: You will receive an L Number and password from your department.
- If you have lost, forgotten, or are unsure of your L Number, go to the following link: L Number Retrieval Form. If needed, call the Enrollment Services at 541-463-3100 Enrollment Services Hours
3. Did you receive a temporary password?
- In an email from LCC that says "Account Notification”, you will receive a temporary password for your ExpressLane account.
- Check the spam folder if you do not see it.
4. Log Into ExpressLane
5. Create a permanent password
- Follow the instructions to create a permanent password.
- This is the password you will use to login to ExpressLane, Moodle, Orgsync, and other LCC websites.
IMPORTANT! Make sure your password is valid:
- Between 12-16 characters (no more than 16 characters)
- Include at least one number
- Include at least one letter
You might have to wait up to 1 hour for password to become effective.
For further help contact:
Student Help Desk