Description: This article outlines the basic information you need to know as a new student.
Tags: new, help, student, technology, guide, mylane, moodle, google, suite, academic, quick, start, faq
FAQs for New Students
- Each student is assigned a single form of identification used to log into sites and services supported by LCC.
- L number-based logins:
- G Suite (LastnameFirstinitial@my.lanecc.edu)
- Passwords for all these services are linked to your myLane account, so changing your myLane password will change the password on all of these accounts.
- If you forget your password:
- myLane is Lane Community College's student portal.
- myLane can be used to:
- First time logging in to myLane? Here's what to do
- Moodle is the learning management system (LMS) supported by Lane Community College.
- Moodle can be be used to:
- Have more questions? Check out the Moodle FAQ or take the Moodle Basics for Students course
- Not sure if Moodle will work for you? Check out the Moodle User Requirements
- NOTE: Access to Moodle will not be granted until the beginning of the first term you are registered for courses
- G Suite is Lane Community College's student email. You can learn how to claim G Suite here and how to log in here
- With G Suite, you can now access:
- Gmail - Student email that all school-related emails will be sent to.
- Google Drive - Cloud software where you can store all your files in one convenient, easily accessible place.
- Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides - Google's Microsoft Office alternative that stores your work in Google Drive.
- Have more questions? Check out the G Suite FAQ or the G Suite Support Page
Calendars & Dates
- Keeping track of dates is important for you.
Wifi and Labs
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact:
Student Help Desk