Description: Steps to Follow, Moodle Login Problems
Tags: moodle, account, login, logging, password, course, number, access, cant
Steps to follow if you're having trouble logging into Moodle
Are you enrolled in Lane Community College?
Can you log into myLane?
- If you can’t log into myLane, go to this article: Can't Log Into myLane.
- Try logging in to ExpressLane.
- If you can log into myLane, you should be able to log into Moodle, since they both use the same L# and password.
- NOTE: If you are a new student, or have just registered for classes, then you will not have access until your teacher uploads their class and makes the course visible in Moodle.
You can log into Moodle but can’t see any course?
Are you a new student trying to take the New Student Information Session (NSIS)?
Have you recently changed your password (24 hours or less)?
If you have recently changed your password:
Try that old password (as well as the new one) again. The server may not have switched to your new password. You may have to wait for a couple hours for Moodle to sync up with myLane.
NOTE: Passwords for Moodle/myLane:
- must be 12-16 characters in length
- must contain at least one Number and one Letter.
- Cannot include any special characters (!@#$%&*)
- Are case sensitive, meaning, if you use upper or lower case letters, then you will always need to enter the password with those upper or lower case letters. (For example, if you enter your password as: "TitanBobblehead1", then "Titanbobblehead1" is a different password.)
If you have NOT recently changed password:
Try changing your password through myLane. You can either reset your password by using your email or security questions.
Still can't log into Moodle?
- Contact: SHeD - The Student Help Desk
(Located in the Library)
- Look up: help.lanecc.edu/shed
- Live Support in Zoom (8am - 5pm Mon through Fri)
- Email: SHeD@lanecc.edu
- Call: 541.463.3333 (please leave a voice message)
Leave your Name, L#, contact information and the reason for your call and we will contact you.
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact:
Academic Technology Center