Description: How to Restore a course in Moodle
Tags: backup, restore, import, course, moodle
Restoring a Course into Moodle
Note: Before restoring, you must first create a backup.
- Open the course you want to restore in to. Click on the gear icon and then click Restore.
- Drag and drop your file the backup file you have that you want to be restored into this course, then click on Restore.
After you’ve selected Restore, it will load a new page showing you all the back-up course’ details. Look through these details and verify that these are the items you want. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Continue.
- Find the Restore into this Course field. You have two options:
MERGE - The restore will add course content in addition to what is already inside your course when selecting this option. This will also contain all enrollment roles that are within the course.
DELETE - The restore will replace the course and any content within it with what is packaged in your backup file.
- Restore Settings Make sure users are not selected and click Next.
- Course Settings - make sure to select No next to the Overwrite Course Configuration. Then click Next at the bottom of the screen
- Review your restore settings - click Perform restore if your settings are what you defined.
- Once your restore is complete click Continue to enter your course
Checklist for completing Backup & Restore
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact:
Academic Technology Center