Description: Zoom rooms user guide for running a class from a classroom on campus with a Dten.
Tags: Zoom Rooms, dten, d, ten, D7, User quide, virtual, class, hybrid, how to, how-to
(DTen D7) Zoom Rooms User Guide
Click here for Video Introduction: DTen/Zoom Room Introduction Training Video
The DTen D7 unit comes equipped with Zoom Rooms already installed. Zoom Rooms is a software-based room system that provides an integrated experience for audio conferencing, wireless screen sharing, and video conferencing. This article covers:
Powering on DTen D7 Unit
To power on the DTen D7 unit, press the power button located at the bottom right of the screen on the back of the monitor.
Main Menu Buttons
Below is an image of what the Zoom Rooms software will look like, as well as descriptions for each button. When you power on your DTen, Zoom Rooms will automatically start up and present you with a user menu with the following options:
- Sharing Key: Use this code to display content on the screen from your laptop or mobile device. See sharing content for more information.
- Meet: Start an instant Zoom meeting. (Note: a random meeting ID will be generated)
- Join: Join a scheduled Zoom meeting by meeting ID (recommended)
- Phone: Make an audio phone call. This is a paid feature that LCC does not use.
- Whiteboard: Start a whiteboard session. See the Whiteboarding section for more details.
- Share Content: Start a screen-sharing session from your laptop through the Zoom Client App. More information about this can be found in the Sharing Content section.
- Contacts: Display the LCC internal Zoom contact list
Once in a Zoom meeting, touch anywhere on the screen to bring up the user interface on the top and bottom of the screen. Notice the following:
- Meeting ID - Zoom ID number associated with this meeting
- Sharing Key - Sharing a laptop or computer within the proximity of the DTEN
- Open Zoom application, select share, input sharing key
- Whiteboard button - Start and share a whiteboard session
- Mute - Mute/unmute the DTEN microphone
- In-Meeting Controls - Opens a control panel with in-meeting controls
- End Meeting - Leave or end the meeting
To display the in-meeting control, tap ... at the bottom-right section:
You will have access to these controls:
- Mute/Unmute Microphone: Mute or unmute the room's microphone.
- Start/Stop Video: Start or stop the room's video camera.
- Share Content or Camera: Display instructions to share content from your laptop or mobile device.
- Security: Change security settings: control participant access and enable/disable the waiting room (not shown in sample image above)
- Change View: Change your video display layout to one of these options.
- Speaker: Display the video of the active speaker.
- Thumbnail: Display the video of the active speaker. All other attendees are displayed with thumbnails below the active speaker.
- Gallery: Display all attendees in a grid layout.
- Camera Control: Change PTZ camera settings, presets, or switch to a secondary camera.
- Manage Participants / Participants: View the meeting participants. If you're the host, you will see controls to manage participants.
- Invite: Invite by a contact or room in the same organization.
- Start Recording: Start recording to the cloud.
- Settings: Access room settings (Zoom Administrator Only).
- Volume slider: Adjust the volume of the room's speaker.
Participants List Controls as the Host
If you are the meeting host, tap Manage Participants in the meeting controls to access these features:
- Tap the participant's name for these options:
- Start or stop their video.
- Pin or spotlight their video.
- Allow them to record.
- Make them host or co-host.
- Put in the waiting room
- Remove them from the meeting.
- Mute All: Mutes all attendants. The room's microphone will remain on.
- Unmute All: Unmutes all attendees.
- Tap More for these options:
- Lock Meeting: Don't allow other participants to join the meeting in progress.
- Mute Participants on Entry: Automatically mute participants as they join the meeting.
- Show/Hide Non-video Participants: Show or hide participant's name or profile picture on the Zoom Room's display if their video is turned off.
- Show/Hide self view: Show or Hide your video feed on the Zoom Room's display. If the video is turned off, this will show or hide your name or profile picture.
- Start or join a meeting from the Zoom Room Touch.
- Tap ... at the bottom of the screen to display the integrated controller.
- Tap Manage Participants in the controls and select Invite.
Inviting By Email
- Tap Invite by Email.
- Tap the To box.
- Type in the email address of the participant (if adding multiple separate the email address with a comma).
- Click the send button.