Description: How to Access Google Workspace as a Faculty or Staff member
Tags: gsuite, google, google gsuite, gsuite setup, faculty, staff, workspace, google workspace, activate
Accessing GSuite for Faculty/Staff Members
If you are a student and need to activate your GSuite Account, go to this article.
Accessing Google Workspace for Faculty/Staff Members
- Your Manager or Department Admin was provided your network user name, email address and password. Please contact them if they did not provide this information to you.
- If you are already logged into a Google account you must use the Add Another Account feature or sign out of your Google account and open the Google login page.
- Use your full LCC email address, including the @lanecc.edu domain, in the Google Workspace sign on as shown below. Click the Next button and enter the password provided to you by your Department Admin or Manager.
- Click the Accept button to Agree to the google Terms of Service.
Use the Google Workspace App navigation button to access the Google Workspace apps, receive notifications, and manage your Google account.
Resetting Your Google Workspace Password for Faculty/Staff Members
- Open this link in a new tab to bring up the CAS login screen: https://lanecc.edu/GSuite
- Login with your L# and myLane password
- Once you log into the CAS system, you should see a screen like the image below
- Select the last link on the screen that is highlighted blue and underlined
NOTE: DO NOT CLICK ON THE MIDDLE BOX OF THE SCREEN
If you accidentally click on the big box in the middle of the screen that says “Create Student Account Email for Me” will create a student email for you ending in @my.lanecc.edu and it will be set as your new preferred email address.
Google Workspace for Faculty/Staff Members FAQ
What is my staff G Suite for Education user name?
Your Google Workspace user name is your current Lane Community College email address (for example DoeJ@lanecc.edu). The email address is your last name and the first letter of your first name. If that address is already in use by someone else, then your middle initial or the second letter of your first name will be added to make the address unique. If your name includes spaces or special characters such as hyphens or apostrophes, these have been removed.
What is my Google password and how do I change it?
A temporary G Suite Google Workspace for Education password was randomly generated when your account was created and should have been provided to you by your Manager or Department Administrator. The first time you login to Google Workspace you will be prompted to set a permanent password for your account. Please be aware that Changing or Restting your myLane Password will also reset your Google Workspace password.
Who do I contact for help with G Suite?
Faculty may contact the ATC and staff may contact the IT HelpDesk for assistance with G Suite for Education or use Google’s help at https://support.google.com.
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact:
Academic Technology Center