Description: Information on where and how part time staff and faculty can check out laptops and other equipment.
Tags: Faculty, Laptop, Checkout, IT, Helpdesk, Equipment
Laptop Checkout for Faculty at the IT Helpdesk
How it works
- What is available for check out: Portable projectors, conference phones, sound systems, Windows 7 laptops, and Mac laptops. Chromebooks are available in the ATC.
- What do the laptops come with: A power cord, network cable, USB wired mouse and a VGA cable (can be used to hook up to projectors, other monitors, ect).
- Cost: There is no cost to check out items.
- Who has this service available to them: Full or part time staff or faculty (sorry, but student workers don't count).
- How long can they be checked out: Roughly 2 weeks. We can work with individuals on a case by case basis.
Note- The laptops are in a "frozen" state, meaning anything saved (or installed) to the laptops will be erased when rebooted. There is a warning on the desktop stating to save to a network location or flash drive before shutting down.
- Pick up: The staff/faculty IT Helpdesk is located on the 1st floor of Building 2. There's a big huge window.
Questions? Contact any technician on the desk x4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact:
Academic Technology Center