Description: Requirements for your Lane CC PIN
Tags: mylane, pin, characters, moodle, password, security
PIN Security Requirements
What are the requirements for my new PIN?
- The new pin must be between 12 and 16 characters (numbers and letters) in length
- Must NOT contain any blanks or special characters (I.E. &%#$ and !)
- Any Combination of valid alphanumeric characters is permitted
- The new pin will be CASE SENSITIVE as well ("MyLanePassword1" is not the same as "mylanepassword1").
How will my new MyLane pin work in the other accounts?
Where can I get instructions or help?
- This only affects accounts that require you L# UserID to log in.
(I.E. MyLane/ExpressLane, Moodle, Lane WIFI, Student Lab Computers, & Staff Macs)
- Does not affect accounts with Lastnamefirstinitial UserId or Emailaddress UserId
- Your new MyLane/ExpressLane pin will propagate to the other accounts within an hour
- Until then, you will still be able to log onto the other systems with your old 6-digit pin
- Logging into Moodle or other L# login accounts will NOT trigger the PIN change
Why did we change the requirements for our PIN?
- To provide better security for your student records
- To enable secure, self-service pin changes
- So that we won't have to require periodic PIN changes
- Our old 6 character pin could be cracked within a minute by computers.
With some computers it can be cracked in about 12 seconds.
The picture below tells the story.
For further help, click on Live Help, leave a ticket, or contact:
Academic Technology Center